Review Detail

The Saloon - Mt. Lebo (AcrossPittsburgh 2024) -01
Neighborhood Bars
Noodles
Noodles
October 03, 2024 244
Raise Your Glass to The Saloon of Mt. Lebanon A Yinzer's Night Out at a Legendary Pittsburgh Bar
(Updated: October 04, 2024)
Overall rating

Drinks

Atmosphere

Service

Pricing

If you're looking for a classic Pittsburgh bar with a vibe that screams "Welcome, friend!" then The Saloon of Mt. Lebanon is your go-to spot. This local gem, nestled in the heart of Mt. Lebanon, offers a genuine taste of Yinzer hospitality that will have you feeling right at home, even if you're just stopping by for a quick pint. 

I've had my fair share of nights out in the 'Burgh, but this one really stood out. Buckle up, folks, because Noodles On the Loose is about to take you on a tour of this legendary hangout!

A Warm Welcome at The Saloon

Picture this, a Saturday night in Pittsburgh and my wife's tango group was busy in Dormont. I found myself with a bit of free time, so I headed over to the South Hills to check out The Saloon. 
The bar was packed, Alabama and Georgia college football was playing on the TV, and the energy was buzzing. 

The moment I walked in, the bartender greeted me with a smile and asked for my name. From that point on, every time I needed a beer, she used my name. It's those little touches of personal service that make a place memorable.

The Atmosphere – A Yinzer's Paradise

The crowd at The Saloon was mostly white-collar, relaxed, and casual. It's the kind of place where you feel like everyone could be your next-door neighbor. Groups of friends clustered around tables, laughing and sharing stories, and there was a real sense of community. The atmosphere is perfect for those who enjoy unwinding after a long week, catching up with pals, or just enjoying a cold beer while soaking in the local flavor.

The Menu – A Culinary Delight

Now, let's talk food! When you're at The Saloon, you gotta try the quesadilla. It was nothing short of delicious—a perfect blend of flavors that left me wanting more. And the beer selection? Extensive, to say the least. From craft brews to classics, they have it all. I stuck with my go-to Yuengling, but trust me, whatever you choose, you're in for a treat.

The Local Vibe – It's All About Connection

One of the things that make The Saloon special is its ability to attract locals and provide a space for genuine connection. Whether you're a Mt. Lebanon regular or just passing through, you'll feel like part of the community. It's this sense of belonging that keeps people coming back time and time again. Be it a designated hangout for sports enthusiasts or a casual gathering for friends, The Saloon knows how to make everyone feel at ease.

The History of Mt. Lebanon's Gem

The Saloon has been a fixture in Mt. Lebanon for years, and its rich history adds to its charm. Established as a local watering hole, it has seen generations of Pittsburghers come and go, each leaving their mark. 

The interior reflects this history, with rustic decor and memorabilia that tell stories of yesteryear. It's a slice of Pittsburgh culture that offers a glimpse into the past while remaining firmly rooted in the present.

Community Events – Bringing People Together

The Saloon isn't just a place for a good drink; it’s a hub for community events. From trivia nights to live music, they always have something happening. These events draw in locals and newcomers alike, creating a vibrant atmosphere that makes each visit unique. It's a great way to meet new people and experience the true spirit of Pittsburgh hospitality.

The Bartender Experience – Cheers to Friendliness

I can't emphasize enough how friendly the staff are at The Saloon. From the moment I walked in, I was treated like an old friend. The bartender's knack for remembering names and her genuine interest in making sure I was enjoying myself really stood out. It's this level of service that sets The Saloon apart from other bars and keeps patrons coming back.

A Must-Visit for Beer Lovers

For those of you who love a good beer, The Saloon won't disappoint. With an extensive list that caters to all tastes, you'll find everything from local favorites to international brews. The bartenders are knowledgeable and can help guide you to your next favorite pint. Whether you're a seasoned beer connoisseur or just starting your exploration, The Saloon has something for everyone.

The Perfect Spot for Nightlife Seekers

When it comes to nightlife in Pittsburgh, The Saloon of Mt. Lebanon is a must-visit. Its lively atmosphere, friendly patrons, and great drinks make it a top choice for anyone looking to have a good time. Whether you're out with friends or flying solo, you're guaranteed an enjoyable evening. It's places like this that embody the spirit of Pittsburgh's social scene.

This Yinzer’s Conclusion – Why You Should Visit

In conclusion, The Saloon of Mt. Lebanon offers everything a Yinzer could want in a classic Pittsburgh bar. From the moment you walk in, you're treated to a warm welcome, delicious food, and a fantastic selection of beers. The atmosphere is laid-back and inviting, making it the perfect spot to unwind after a long day. My only regret? That it's in the South Hills, and I call the North Hills home. If you haven't been, you're missing out. Trust me, it's worth the trip.

Plan Your Visit and Experience The Saloon Magic

For those of you who haven't yet experienced The Saloon, make sure to add it to your list. Whether you're a local or just passing through, this gem in Mt. Lebanon is well worth a visit. Enjoy the great company, indulge in some delicious food, and immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere that makes The Saloon a true Pittsburgh treasure. After all, Noodles On the Loose wouldn't steer you wrong!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Guides N' That - Latest Listings

Noodles
October 15, 2024
FeaturedNew

Just a couple of doors down from Noodles, there’s a house that’s been transformed ...
New

Inviting all to Boo's Halloween House Party! The Pittsburgh Playhouse presents a n...
FeaturedNew

Join us at The Palace Theatre for an evening of laughter and entertainment with no...
Noodles
October 14, 2024
New

Two Frays Brewery

Microbreweries

Two Frays Brewing, located on Penn Avenue in Pittsburgh's Garfield neighborhood, i...
Noodles
October 15, 2024
FeaturedNew

In my Image Gallery of Pittsburgh’s Oktoberfest 2024 - It's very first one - I tak...
October 14, 2024
FeaturedNew

Dragon's Roast Cafe

Restaurants

Dragon's Roast Cafe is a coffee and pastry shop located inside the premises of Gam...
New

Phipps Conservatory’s Fall Flower Show: Rhythm and Blooms invites visitors to expl...
New

xperience the enchanting Jack O’Lantern Extravaganza, presented by Beverlynn and S...
New

Phantom Fall Fest at Kennywood Park is an immersive Halloween event that combines ...
Noodles
October 08, 2024
FeaturedNew

Perry Town Tap House

Neighborhood Bars

Perry Town Tap House, located on Perry Highway in Ross Township, is a welcoming sp...

Guides N' That - Latest Media

Guides N' That - Latest Reviews

Two Frays Brewery

Noodles
Noodles
October 14, 2024
" Stopped by Two Frays Brewing in Garfield to kill a little time on a Friday night, and it turned..."
Perry Town Tap House

Noodles
Noodles
October 08, 2024
" My friend and I were looking to catch up over a sandwich and a beer on a Monday evening,..."
Chengdu Gourmet 2 (North Hills)

Noodles
Noodles
October 04, 2024
"Noodles took the family out to Chengdu Gourmet 2 for an early birthday lunch, and while the place was noticeably..."
The Saloon of Mt. Lebanon

Noodles
Noodles
October 03, 2024
" If you're looking for a classic Pittsburgh bar with a vibe that screams "Welcome, friend!" then The Saloon of..."
Conley Resort & Golf

Noodles
Noodles
July 18, 2024
" A few weeks ago, my neighbor extended an invite to join his Sunday golf outing at Conley Resort &..."
Allusion Brewing Company

Noodles
Noodles
July 02, 2024
" A few days ago, I found myself at Inner Groove Brewing in Verona, enjoying a pint and some good..."
Squirrel Hill Sports Bar

Noodles
Noodles
July 02, 2024
" The place was buzzing, and I was lucky to snag a seat at the bar. As I started snapping..."
Necromancer Brewing (Out of Business)

Noodles
Noodles
June 28, 2024
" I decided to try the "My Verona," a golden ale with a subtle aftertaste that lived up to its..."
Square Cafe

Noodles
Noodles
June 24, 2024
" Last weekend, I found myself at Square Cafe in Pittsburgh's East Liberty, ready to indulge in a brunch that..."
Dr. Cyril Wecht
SM Shovetruck McGee June 23, 2024
" Sad to just now find out about his passing...Doc was an amazing individual...had the honor of knowing him as..."