(Updated: July 18, 2024)
Overall rating

Conditions

Value

Layout

Friendliness

Pace

Amenities

A few weeks ago, my neighbor extended an invite to join his Sunday golf outing at Conley Resort & Golf in Butler, PA. This was likely prompted by my recent bragging about shooting a 39 on a nine-hole course (Clover Hill). With dreams of showcasing my improved game, I eagerly accepted the invitation.
However, the golf gods had other plans.

The morning began with dark storm clouds looming overhead, an ominous sign of things to come. We had to wait out a torrential downpour, and the early hour had me feeling more tired than usual. Despite the rough start, I was determined to make the best of it.

The first hole, a par 4, is fairly straight and wide open. I managed to play it well, giving me a false sense of hope. But as we moved on, my game fell apart. Duff, bad hit, maybe an okay shot, toping the ball, duff, duff... you get the picture. It was a comedy of errors that had me questioning if I had ever held a golf club before.

By the end of the round, my neighbor and his buddy's kindest compliment was, "Hey, you played fast." If playing fast is the best you can get for a compliment, you know it’s been a rough day.

Despite my poor performance, I can't blame the course. Conley Resort & Golf is well-maintained and offers a beautiful, wide-open layout. The greens and fairways are in excellent condition, providing a great playing experience for golfers of all skill levels. The course’s design offers a good mix of challenges without being overly punishing, which makes my disastrous round even more perplexing.

The clubhouse is well-appointed, offering all the amenities you’d expect from a top-notch public course. From the pro shop to the dining options, everything is geared towards making your visit enjoyable. For the money, Conley Resort & Golf is a fantastic value, providing a high-quality golfing experience without breaking the bank.

Though the golf gods weren't smiling on me that day, the outing was still an enjoyable experience. Conley Resort & Golf is a great place to play, whether you're a seasoned golfer or just looking for a fun day out. If you find yourself in Butler, PA, I highly recommend giving it a try—just maybe don't brag about your last round beforehand!

Here’s to hoping my next outing goes a bit better. Until then, cheers to the ups and downs of golf!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

LATEST MEDIA

LATEST REVIEWS

Conley Resort & Golf

Noodles
Noodles
July 18, 2024
" A few weeks ago, my neighbor extended an invite to join his Sunday golf outing at Conley Resort &..."
Allusion Brewing Company

Noodles
Noodles
July 02, 2024
" A few days ago, I found myself at Inner Groove Brewing in Verona, enjoying a pint and some good..."
Squirrel Hill Sports Bar

Noodles
Noodles
July 02, 2024
" The place was buzzing, and I was lucky to snag a seat at the bar. As I started snapping..."
Necromancer Brewing (Out of Business)

Noodles
Noodles
June 28, 2024
" I decided to try the "My Verona," a golden ale with a subtle aftertaste that lived up to its..."
Square Cafe

Noodles
Noodles
June 24, 2024
" Last weekend, I found myself at Square Cafe in Pittsburgh's East Liberty, ready to indulge in a brunch that..."
Dr. Cyril Wecht
SM Shovetruck McGee June 23, 2024
" Sad to just now find out about his passing...Doc was an amazing individual...had the honor of knowing him as..."
North Park Lounge

Noodles
Noodles
June 22, 2024
" Alright Yinzers, gather 'round for a tale of two dinners. Picture this: It’s Father’s Day, and we’re ready for..."
J and D Lawn & Tractor Sales

Noodles
Noodles
June 20, 2024
" Last weekend, like many home improvement warriors, I faced a classic equipment meltdown—my trusty power washer went kaput right..."
Mixtape

Noodles
Noodles
June 15, 2024
" I had dropped off my better half for an evening Tango dance at the adjacent studio next door. With..."
Strawberry Ridge Golf Course

MD MF Doom June 04, 2024
" I generally liked this course. Well maintained and challenging layout. Some holes with water on the back nine, are..."