Rolling Fields Holf Club: A Rolling Good Time
Overall rating

Conditions

Value

Layout

Friendliness

Pace

Amenities

Lately, it seems like it's become a tradition for Hollywood and me to pack up the Jeep and head out to explore—or should I say, creatively disrupt—some of the local golf courses. This time, our golfing adventures took us to Rolling Fields Golf Club in Murrysville, PA, a course that turned out to be delightfully above average and quite the puzzle to unravel on our first visit.

Golf Course Shenanigans

Rolling Fields presents a tricky layout for amateur swingers like Hollywood and me. One local golfer shared a nugget of wisdom that you might almost want to avoid hitting the greens on your second shot. Why? Because those greens are small and speedy, and unless you've got the finesse of a PGA pro—which, spoiler alert, we do not—your ball's likely to end up taking a tour of the fringe. This piece of advice made our round a strategic battle, trying to outsmart the course layout without actually having the skill to back it up.

Culinary Delights at the Turn

Now, let's talk about the real highlight—those hot dogs at the turn. Hands down, these were some of the best dogs we've ever devoured. Perfectly toasted buns, fresh condiments laid out like a feast, and the hot dogs themselves were savory, juicy, and of unmistakable quality. Hollywood and I were in agreement: this was hot dog heaven. The only snag? The beers were a tad on the pricey side. Shelling out over twenty bucks for a six-pack of Miller Lite pounders and a gourmet hot dog did have us wincing a bit, but hey, good food at a golf course is worth a few extra bucks, right?

The Scenic Yet Demanding 18th Hole:

As for the golfing itself, the 18th hole at Rolling Fields is a real beauty, requiring genuine skill to par or birdie. You need a solid 200-yard drive to clear the water, and let me tell you, "picturesque" might as well be code for "you're gonna need extra balls." Despite the challenges (and the extra golf balls we donated to the water gods), the scenic views and undulating hills provided a stunning backdrop to our game.

All's Well That Ends Well

Overall, our day at Rolling Fields Golf Club was a blast. The locals were friendly, sharing tips and laughs in equal measure, and the staff was top-notch, making us feel welcome from start to finish. While Hollywood and I might not have broken any records (unless there's a record for most creative shot choices), we definitely left with plans to come back. Rolling Fields, you've got yourself a couple of new fans—just maybe keep an extra stock of golf balls for us next time.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

LATEST LISTINGS

Rolling Fields Golf Club-138

0.0 (0)
Rolling Fields Golf Club, located in Murrysville, Pennsylvania, offers...
Harmoney Ridge - Ambridge - April 2024-18

0.0 (0)
Harmony Ridge Golf Course, located in Ambridge, PA, is...
Pittsburgh National Golf Club - Aug 2023 (Image_ AcrossNorthHills)-29

0.0 (0)
Pittsburgh National Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf...
golf_course_1

0.0 (0)
Olde Stonewall Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf...
golf_course_2

4.2 (1)
Strawberry Ridge Golf Course is a public 18-hole golf...
golf_course_3

0.0 (0)
Pittsburgh Field Club is a private 18-hole golf course...
golf_course_1

0.0 (0)
Allegheny Country Club is a private 18-hole golf and...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Fox Chapel Golf Club is a private 18-hole golf...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Conley Resort & Golf is an 18-hole golf course,...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Pheasant Ridge Golf Club is a public 18-hole golf...

LATEST MEDIA

LATEST REVIEWS

Square Cafe

Noodles
Noodles
June 24, 2024
" Last weekend, I found myself at Square Cafe in Pittsburgh's East Liberty, ready to indulge in a brunch that..."
Dr. Cyril Wecht
SM Shovetruck McGee June 23, 2024
" Sad to just now find out about his passing...Doc was an amazing individual...had the honor of knowing him as..."
North Park Lounge

Noodles
Noodles
June 22, 2024
" Alright Yinzers, gather 'round for a tale of two dinners. Picture this: It’s Father’s Day, and we’re ready for..."
J and D Lawn & Tractor Sales

Noodles
Noodles
June 20, 2024
" Last weekend, like many home improvement warriors, I faced a classic equipment meltdown—my trusty power washer went kaput right..."
Mixtape

Noodles
Noodles
June 15, 2024
" I had dropped off my better half for an evening Tango dance at the adjacent studio next door. With..."
Strawberry Ridge Golf Course

MD MF Doom June 04, 2024
" I generally liked this course. Well maintained and challenging layout. Some holes with water on the back nine, are..."
Jeeter's Pub

Noodles
Noodles
May 28, 2024
" Jeeter's Pub at Kennywood is an amusing spot, cleverly disguised as a kid-themed bar, nestled amidst the thrills of..."
Rolling Fields Golf Club

Noodles
Noodles
May 26, 2024
" Lately, it seems like it's become a tradition for Hollywood and me to pack up the Jeep and head..."
Leaf & Bean

Noodles
Noodles
May 14, 2024
" After a vibrant day of urban exploring in Pittsburgh’s bustling Strip District—complete with a hearty meal and visits to..."
Lefty's

Noodles
Noodles
May 14, 2024
"  After a morning of exploring the artsy crafts, chic boutiques, and unique shops along Penn Ave in Pittsburgh's Strip..."