(Updated: March 31, 2024)
Overall rating

Conditions

Value

Layout

Friendliness

Pace

Amenities

So, me and my buddy took a swing at the Pittsburgh National Golf Club this fine afternoon. Let's dish the dirt starting with the good stuff. The greens? Pristine. Fairways? Like walking on a well-groomed mustache. Bunkers, shrubs, and trees are placed with the kind of thought that would make a chess grandmaster nod in approval. The clubhouse is as snazzy as a new penny, and the pro shop's got more gear than a Pierogi Festival.

Now, onto the rough patches—literally. Transitioning from green to tee, you'd think you're trekking through a teenager's unkempt bedroom. Gravel, cracks, and nature run wild. For the premium greens fees, you'd expect the whole course to be as tidy as your grandma's living room. And finding the next tee box? It's like a scavenger hunt without the fun.

Had a bit of a run-in with a greenskeeper too. A misunderstanding on our part led to a lecture that felt more like getting scolded by an old-school headmaster than a heads-up from course staff. We crossed where we shouldn't have—our bad. But this fella, he came at us full tilt, threatening to shut down our carts and send us packing. All we could do was apologize and make a mental note to steer clear. But hey, here's to never crossing paths again—unless he switches greens, that is.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

LATEST LISTINGS

Rolling Fields Golf Club-138

0.0 (0)
Rolling Fields Golf Club, located in Murrysville, Pennsylvania, offers...
Harmoney Ridge - Ambridge - April 2024-18

0.0 (0)
Harmony Ridge Golf Course, located in Ambridge, PA, is...
Pittsburgh National Golf Club - Aug 2023 (Image_ AcrossNorthHills)-29

0.0 (0)
Pittsburgh National Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf...
golf_course_1

0.0 (0)
Olde Stonewall Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf...
golf_course_2

4.2 (1)
Strawberry Ridge Golf Course is a public 18-hole golf...
golf_course_3

0.0 (0)
Pittsburgh Field Club is a private 18-hole golf course...
golf_course_1

0.0 (0)
Allegheny Country Club is a private 18-hole golf and...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Fox Chapel Golf Club is a private 18-hole golf...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Conley Resort & Golf is an 18-hole golf course,...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Pheasant Ridge Golf Club is a public 18-hole golf...

LATEST MEDIA

LATEST REVIEWS

Square Cafe

Noodles
Noodles
June 24, 2024
" Last weekend, I found myself at Square Cafe in Pittsburgh's East Liberty, ready to indulge in a brunch that..."
Dr. Cyril Wecht
SM Shovetruck McGee June 23, 2024
" Sad to just now find out about his passing...Doc was an amazing individual...had the honor of knowing him as..."
North Park Lounge

Noodles
Noodles
June 22, 2024
" Alright Yinzers, gather 'round for a tale of two dinners. Picture this: It’s Father’s Day, and we’re ready for..."
J and D Lawn & Tractor Sales

Noodles
Noodles
June 20, 2024
" Last weekend, like many home improvement warriors, I faced a classic equipment meltdown—my trusty power washer went kaput right..."
Mixtape

Noodles
Noodles
June 15, 2024
" I had dropped off my better half for an evening Tango dance at the adjacent studio next door. With..."
Strawberry Ridge Golf Course

MD MF Doom June 04, 2024
" I generally liked this course. Well maintained and challenging layout. Some holes with water on the back nine, are..."
Jeeter's Pub

Noodles
Noodles
May 28, 2024
" Jeeter's Pub at Kennywood is an amusing spot, cleverly disguised as a kid-themed bar, nestled amidst the thrills of..."
Rolling Fields Golf Club

Noodles
Noodles
May 26, 2024
" Lately, it seems like it's become a tradition for Hollywood and me to pack up the Jeep and head..."
Leaf & Bean

Noodles
Noodles
May 14, 2024
" After a vibrant day of urban exploring in Pittsburgh’s bustling Strip District—complete with a hearty meal and visits to..."
Lefty's

Noodles
Noodles
May 14, 2024
"  After a morning of exploring the artsy crafts, chic boutiques, and unique shops along Penn Ave in Pittsburgh's Strip..."